Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sentimental Me


Actual training pass - July 2001



It seems that I've been more nostalgic these few days than my usual self. It could be many factors but I believe one of the reasons is due to United's impending visit to Malaysia (they will be arriving tomorrow). Over the years, I've started a mini collection of souvenirs of United; what I have are mostly jerseys and T-shirts, trading cards, mini glasses (from my buddy, Fred) and other small items. In fact, my wardrobe consists so many red coloured shirts that at times, I could just close my eyes, have a stab at my hanging T-shirts and 90% of the time I would be able to pick one with United (and in red, of course!) :O)

Well, to put it simply, I believe sometimes it's the little things in life that count most in life. I can recall during the teenage years, I would collect movie ticket stubs and have them arranged neatly in a folder. I'm sure some of you had done that as well, come on... I can almost say that we're all hopeless romantics, aren't we, in one way or the other?


Anyway, back to United. I've had this training pass since July 2001 and was glad to find it in good condition in one of my folders. Just thought of sharing the picture with you, since it would have a certain significance (well, at least to me) with us playing host to Sir Alex & Co. this weekend. To my United buddies who will be catching the training and/or match in person, my advice is to keep your training pass and/or ticket stubs with you. Bring them home and have them framed up (no, I'm just pulling your leg!) but seriously, keep them well and you will surely appreciate them. Who knows, there might be some collectors out there who might offer to buy up the stubs or other match day souvenirs from you?


Hmmm.. any takers for my training pass above, while we're on this topic? :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment