Monday, September 14, 2009

Adebayor

Adebayor celebrating in front of the Arsenal fans

I am incensed.

Nothing gets to me more than seeing a player scoring and celebrating against his former club; and it was not a usual celebration for Emmanuel Adebayor when he scored his goal against his former paymasters.

I had previously flipped through Arsenal’s official club magazine (June issue, if I’m not mistaken) and back then Adebayor had ‘pledged’ his future to the Londoners.
What a load of bull crap! How things change once ego and money set in. There was no turning back; well there was actually, literally speaking, when Adebayor ran across the pitch to the opposite direction of goal just to sling sh*t at the Gunners’ traveling supporters.

Despicable. Unimaginable. Unforgiveable.

He apologized immediately after realizing having his head stuck in his arse but the damage has been done.

To hear me rant about a player who has no connection to Manchester United in any way is something unusual. I’m a person who is more concerned about his own club than anything else.

And to think that Adebayor had once ‘considered’ coming to United before opting for City, I really thank our lucky stars that we do not have him in our side, no matter how ‘valuable’ he is to the team.I don’t respect these kind of players and never will I see them in a good light. Call me myopic, I don’t care.

Arsenal supporters, I’m sure most of you are seething not because of the goals conceded but because of this act of highest disrespect.

Give Adebayor hell when City goes to your ground, and bring back some respect to your club (and the game).

That’s the least you could do!

No comments:

Post a Comment