Friday, September 4, 2009

Ssshhh!!!

Image courtesy: www.mirror.co.uk


AS WE KNOW, there will be no Premiership action this week due to international games and friendlies around the corner. If you're wondering, I'm no fan of the English football team, no thanks largely to the presence of Steven Gerard, Frank Lampard, John Terry..well, you get the idea (just to borrow a line from a very famous TV advert) :O)

It's been a week since I last posted; been pretty occupied with another passion of mine: photography. Do check out my other blog if you have the time at http://www.shutterspeed9.blogspot.com/

Some of my friends are quite surprised that I did not have a dedicated posting on this 'massive' win since we beat Arsenal at home last Sunday. In fact, I seldom mention about it in the workplace unless some footie buddies of mine bring up the issue.

I guess it is out of my respect for the Gunners or sympathy/empathy for Arsene Wenger. Rarely do I feel this way when we beat The Gunners but this time, it seems different.

With reports (prior to the game) suggesting a better relationship between Sir Alex and his counterpart, it seems a bit strange that the hostility among fans have somehow cooled down (well, over here in Penang at least) from my observation. I remember exchanging some heated words with a friend of mine over the United-Arsenal games many years ago. We are both passionate fans and things can get explosive especially when defending our pride and love.

And with that, out of respect for one of our most hated rivals, I will put a finger to my mouth, just like Asharvin does when he celebrates his goals. It is my fleeting moment of goodwill, if you will..

So...sshhhh!!! Silence is golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment