Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Foy Foils United

Two days after the Community Shield match ended and I am still GUTTED!!

Well, I’m not in the mood to talk long about the game but just wish to get a few things off my chest:

1. Referee Chris Foy should have stopped the game when Evra was down on the ground. With Evra injured, 3 Chelsea players versus 2 backpedalling United players can only mean an outcome. Well, we know what the outcome was. The referee should have stopped the game when Evra was on the ground.

2. Ben Foster needs to buck up fast; his kicking was incredibly woeful.

3. Rooney was quiet throughout the game by his standards. However, you can’t contain class for good and his finishing was worthy of a winning goal, if only Chelsea’s second goal was not awarded.

4. Evra would really have to think hard on taking penalties from now onwards after his recent exploits. I couldn’t believe it when I saw him ‘passing’ the ball to Cech. A definite nightmare if you’re a Red Devil, especially for those who were seated just behind the goal in Wembley.

On a positive note, Nani had a good game and scored a marvelous goal. It was reported in the local radio station (yesterday morning) that he dislocated his shoulder. Ouch! Should be missing a few weeks. What a bummer! Here’s wishing Nani a speedy recovery.

All in all, we have many positives to look forward to. Berba seems to be getting into his stride and is beginning to track back to defend.
p/s: I still can't string my words and sentences as well as I want them to.

I can’t wait for this Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment