Thursday, August 20, 2009

Burnt-ley


OK.

Alright.

We lost to Burnley (yes, Burnley, the newly-promoted club) in only the second game of the new Premier League season.I know the Anything But United Supporters Club (ABUSC) and its members are having a field day, just like the rest of the sports journalist vultures who have been waiting for something of this magnitude to happen.

The game was not shown live on Astro (our local cable TV) this morning, although I did wake up before 4am and stayed up until 4.30am to see if there was a glimpse of the Premiership Midweek results.

Nevertheless, not a hint of results, no matter how many times I flipped the remote control.

As soon as I stepped into my work place this morning, some Arsenal and Liverpool fans have been giving me the ‘utter shock’ and ‘disbelief’ look and mindless rhetorical questions like: “I heard MU lost, really??”

“Against Burnley, are you sure?” Added another, while trying to maintain the (sym)pathetic look, “ Bernn-leeee..you know??!”

Come on, guys…I know supposed stupidity and naivety come in your sarcasm package, but I don’t think you should be revealing all at once, ok?
It makes you look, well..stupid.

Yes, we have been burnt and you can go gloat about it. I’m sure it makes you happy.
Heck, this could even mean making your day.

Well, congratulations to The Clarets. I think you guys played well and most probably deserved the 3 points too. Having seen the match highlights, that goal was a cracker!

Just make sure you give the same 200% commitment when Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea (and maybe Man City?) pay a visit to Turf Moor in the coming weeks and months.

I would then have the license to feign sympathy and shock (should results go in favor of United), just like what I am being subjected to today.

Until then, my fellow Manchester United fans, we have the away game against Wigan to look forward to this weekend.

Let's ride on and move along :)

No comments:

Post a Comment